Bring your enthusiasm and make a difference at your local library …
The FRIENDS of The Claverack Free Library brings together a group of volunteers who actively support the library through advocacy, volunteer services, fundraising and programming.
The FRIENDS of The Claverack Library, operating under the umbrella of the Library’s 501c3 designation, is a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the mission of the library. Your tax deductible donation to The FRIENDS funds a portion of the library’s operating budget, that which exceeds the level of tax-based funding.
Monies raised by The FRIENDS have enabled the library to provide:
- Museum passes
- Speakers and refreshments for adult and children’s programs
- New library furniture, including bookcases, magazine & display racks
FRIENDS activities include:
- Encouraging the use of the Library’s resources and services
- Organizing and volunteering at the Spring and Fall Book sales, the Children’s Summer Reading Program, the Junior Engineering Programs, Food Truck Wednesday, Battle of the Books, author’s talks, history lectures, informational sessions, etc.
- Working with the Library Director and the Library Board of Trustees in developing library services and facilities for the community
- Becoming an advocate for the Library as an essential community resource at the town and state level
Meeting attendance is not required but please know you are warmly invited to join us at our monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of every month.
The FRIENDS urge you to join their efforts to support a vibrant library that is responsive to the needs of the residents in Claverack and the surrounding area.
Membership forms are available at The Claverack Library or via download here: Friends Membership Form. Completed forms can be returned to The Claverack Library or mailed to the address on the membership form.
Feel free to contact The FRIENDS with any questions or interest you may have at Friends@ClaverackLibrary.org. Suggestions about how to better support our Library are always welcome!
We look forward to seeing you — and to having you as a FRIEND.